My client, a leading global financial markets infrastructure organisation, is seeking an Application Support Manager/Lead to join their London based office on a permanent basis. You will be taking over and running the Support function (circa 7 resources) for their Credit Derivatives business as the team looks to expand into markets across the globe.
You will be leading the evolution of the IT support function into a global team, supporting a hybrid application architecture deployed on premise and in the Cloud (AWS) and building out the team in line with expansion plans. Further to this, you will be running essential processes including incident and problem management, remediation and automation, and supporting change management within the product line. Although this role won’t be hands on, you will need to have a technical background in supporting applications to run on UNIX, in order to bridge the skills gap between the business and your team.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Proven experience as an IT Support Manager/Lead in a regulated Financial Services environment
- Technical team management experience (3+ Resources minimum)
- Experience supporting applications (preferably Java) on a UNIX infrastructure
- Oracle Database experience would be highly beneficial
- Significant architecture and technology support across the Financial Services
- Demonstrated experience and ability in managing time critical incident and recovery situations
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Any experience in OTC Derivatives / Clearing / Credit would be beneficial but not necessary
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.