**This is a fixed term contract, paid as a salary**
Our client, a leading financial services company based in Surrey, are looking for a Data Governance Lead to join them on a 12-month fixed term contract. This will be joining their wider Data Governance Team which supports the whole organisation ensuring that the quality of the organisations data is accurate and fit for purpose.
You will be responsible for promoting data governance across the business and on projects, as well assisting with the management of the Data Governance team. This team also works on data quality issue management.
- Degree-educated; either in a financial discipline or else IT
- 5+ years of Data Management related experience (Reference Master Data, Asset Pricing, Data Quality, Metadata, issue management, Data Provisioning etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Services
- A Recognised industry qualification pertaining to Data would be advantageous
- An understanding of Data Governance best practice in the industry
- An understanding of Data Architecture, Data Lifecycles, Data Quality Standards and Logical Data Modelling practices
- Previous experience of implementing data governance practices in a financial services business
- Previous experience of working at a senior level within an operational or technology data role with a focus on security reference data.
- Proven ability to manage senior stakeholders and chair steering committees
- Communication skills - Proven communication, presentation, training and coaching skills that are flexible to support all employees globally in the organisation
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.