**This is an initial 6-month Contract via an Umbrella Company**
Our client, a boutique Investment Management firm based in the City, are seeking an experienced Database Developer to join one of their client reporting teams on an initial 6-month contract basis. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a range of client focused solutions in both Oracle and SQL Server environments. The successful candidate will be responsible for data engineering of relational databases, maintenance of data pipelines, and ensuring data quality. They will also be responsible for the design of schemas, tables, views, indexed views as well as working on stored procedures.
The ideal candidate will have over 5 years Database engineering experience within a highly regulated environment and be comfortable working with both Oracle and MS SQL Server databases. Knowledge of Python or Shell for scripting/automation would also be highly desirable.
- Knowledge of relational database development (Oracle/ Microsoft SQL server)
- Experience writing and optimising stored procedures and views
- Experience comparing the performance of different queries (e.g., using SQL query statistics).
- Experience of a popular scripting/automation language is highly desirable (e.g., Shell, Python)
- Hands on experience of NoSQL databases and Big Data would be preferred
This is an exciting opportunity to join a buy-side organisation on a range of change initiatives. Suitable candidates will be contacted within 48 hours
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.