A Linux Systems Engineer is urgently sought after by a Leading Investment Manager to join their Developer Services function.
Focused on engineering away support you will help to improve overall automation of their systems, delivering services related to single click rebuilds, service discovery as well improving observability and reliability of their Linux VDI offering.
You’ll need to have an engineering mindset to fix issues with the developer desktop at source and bake config into the next VDI image ready for roll-out - updating base image config, testing and shipping.
To be successful, you will the need to meet the following:
- Fluent in Linux, Active Directory and Kerberos (being able to quickly diagnose and fix issues)
- Understand Developer Tooling
- Experienced in the usage of Grafana/Prometheus for monitoring
- Hands-on with Citrix and Ansible
- A background in Financial Services would be preferable but isn’t critical
Whilst not an inside IR35 role, due to client policy, you will be required to work through an umbrella company.
Alernatively, the role is also being offered as a Fixed Term Contract (FTC).
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.