Senior UI Visual Designer required to join a world leading media company, joining a newly formed product department on a permanent basis. The Senior UI/Visual Designer would be involved in designing and evolving a brand-new platform of tools, that strikes a balance between the internal user needs and requirements, and objectives of the business. This role will offer a unique opportunity to be part of a relatively new product team, working to shape and influence a product from the very early stages. The designer will have worked on projects where UX research, testing have played a part into their visual design process through to delivery – they will be strong advocates for evidence-based visual design. The ideal candidate will have a UCD approach to UI design, experience creating large design systems and competency in Marvel & Sketch. The headcount has been attached to their Manchester office but they’re working fully remotely currently and when things are back to ‘normal’ the expectation would be to go into the office 1 day a fortnight at most. Please include portfolios alongside your application.
The designer will have experience in the following:
- 6+ years industry experience working within a digital process/function, either client or agency-side in UI design roles
- Ability to give detailed rationale on design choices
- Design system and component library experience
- Working with Agile, Lean UX methodologies and concept of MVP
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate visual design process, ideas, and solutions to teams and internal stakeholders.
- Worked with Product Managers, the business and technical teams to determine different approaches to support business solutions.
- Design system thinking rather than bespoke design work.
- SaaS or product experience
- Responsive product, service or desktop platform design. Candidates with purely advertising/e-commerce will not be appropriate.
- UCD approach to UI visual design, iterating interfaces with an attention to detail on pushing the UX patterns to create the most simple, elegant experiences.
- Designing visual design systems and style guidelines.
- Iconography design – creation from scratch.
- Demonstratable visual storytelling behind your design work.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.