London - £70,000
A Lloyd’s market insurer is looking for a Systems Engineer to join their London office, you will be responsible for the design and build of a centralized device and end-point management system, providing day-to-day end user support for all of our offices. This includes (but is not limited to) support of hardware, line of business applications, network health, and business continuity.
Their main goal is to provide best-in-class customer service to their clients through automation of services. You will identify support issue patterns and provide well designed solutions to automate the resolution of the issues.
What you will do
- Implement centralized management of devices and end point management using Microsoft Intune
- Design/Build patching of all kit using PowerShell scripts
- Design/Build compliance of all end user devices and datacenter/cloud devices using best in class tools such as Azure Security center, Azure Sentinel
- Design/Build/Improve IT security posture with best in class tools and automation where possible
- Design/Build the onboarding/offboarding of employees with significant automation and security
- Proactively own 1st/2nd line incidents, problems or issues within the scope of the Global Service whilst adhering to SLA's where relevant
- Adhere to the Change, Incident and Problem Management processes in relation to the scope of the Service line
- Understanding of operational automation and optimization using scripting (preferable PowerShell)
- Serve as the first point of contact for end user support via the IT help desk, collaboratively escalating issues to IT team members, as appropriate
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues, guiding users through to resolution
- Follow internal processes including preparing and completing IT check-lists, reporting faults, maintaining logs on IT devices and ensuring the appropriate documentation for equipment and users is maintained
- Set up new users in our technology systems, and configure laptops, desktops and mobiles
- Using scripting to support and enhance current processes through automation such as monitoring, user onboarding and application provisioning.
- Support internal desk moves, ensuring computers and telephones are set up.
- Handle software installations to laptops and desktops both local and remote.
- Ensure security and upgrades, including antivirus, are applied and maintained on user devices
- Support network patching and upgrades.
- Focus on customer service - We are passionate about going above and beyond to provide our customers with excellent service. We expect you to be of the same mindset.
- Flexibility to work evenings, nights, and weekends - on occasion, we do require work outside of our standard business hours to accommodate client needs.
- Create a collaborative, team work oriented environment across IT and Business teams
- Provide transparency of IT support issues to other senior managers and business leaders
- Take us to the next level by constantly aspiring to grow your skills professionally and make us the best organization in the industry
- Working knowledge of Intune and Windows Autopilot
- Experience of scripting PowerShell (Azure ARM, Terraform, JSON desirable)
- Infrastructure support automation and configuration management
- Experience of working with Windows and Azure Active Directory including Group policy, DNS
- Good level of technical and logical thinking ability
- Experience in working in a hybrid/ cut over environment
- Administration of O365 including entire stack e.g. SharePoint, EXO, Teams, etc
- Ability to thrive in a high-performing collaborative open-plan environment and working remotely
- Experience of working with highly available infrastructure
- TCP/IP networking stack, switches, routers and firewalls
- Peripheral devices, including network printers, scanners, etc.
- Anti-Virus and malware protection solutions
- Support of Windows 10 environment
- Support of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 environment
- Cloud computing infrastructure, preferable Azure
- Experience using Azure Dev/Ops in an Agile delivery approach
- Experience using Jira Service Desk
- Good written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to assume responsibility and ownership for work performed
- Cisco Meraki device management and configuration and alerts is desirable
- Exposure to Linux environments
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.