A global Lloyd’s market insurer are looking for a Technical Lead to lead a digital disruption that will redefine the industry.
You will be responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance to ensure they are developing strong strategy, design and development engineering skills across the organisation.
Partnering with the technical resource across the organisation, you will be responsible to identify tools and platforms that improve the company’s ability to continuously deliver quality to their customers.
We are looking for someone with an in-depth understanding of concepts of microservices, API architecture, hands-on experience designing solutions that leverage the cloud whilst using complex service orchestration (Docker/Kubernetes), as well as knowledge of data storage paradigms such as relational databases.
Beyond technical capability, we are looking for someone that can challenge the teams whilst also possessing mentoring/management experience.
A great opportunity to set out the development standards, CI/CD pipelines and automated testing within a genuinely greenfield opportunity, in a new role with the flexibility to shape it as required.
- Implementation of technology by developing clear, comprehensive and integrated system, technical and/or product recommendations which support global business plans the strategic roadmap
- Advise how technology will support the business and customers globally – covering future business architecture and capability model
- Outline where technology capability, systems or data is needed to support the business
- Create solution designs which align the business requirements to meet architecture standards and deliver optimal solutions which do not compromise processes for the business and do not build tech debt
- Gain the approval of designs and any changes at the design authority
- Ensure vendors and internal resources are following coding technical standards and code quality practices by promoting and engaging in code reviews
- Investigate and make final recommendations on new tools and techniques; collaborate on hardware/software evaluations
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles
- In-depth understanding of concepts of microservice architecture, API and event-driven architecture and serverless.
- Hands-on experience designing and delivering solutions that leverage native and vendor cloud services form cloud providers like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Broad knowledge of software engineering language and tools (Java, Python, C#)
- Any hands-on knowledge in automation such as Bamboo, Azure DevOps, Jenkins or AWS CDK is desirable
- Hands-on designing solutions that use complex service orchestration that leverages container management and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs
- In-depth understanding of shared software concepts and product features, as well as strong security and data privacy mindset
- In-depth knowledge of a mixed landscape of vendor product and bespoke developed applications
- Long term experience of delivering successful end to end solution designs across a complex, global, matrixed organisation, owning and maintaining the design documentation during the whole project lifecycle
- Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to respond to change quickly.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills. Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organisation.
- Hands-on knowledge in data storage paradigms such as Relational Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.), NoSQL/Object Stores/Key Stores such as DynamoDB, MongoDB
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.