London Hybrid or Remote working available
A Lloyd's Market Insurer have created a full E2E platform and launched their first standalone business to take on the centuries old underwriting industry.
Joining a start-up feel company with the financial backing of a large insurer, you would be joining a new in-house development team that they wish to grow rapidly; looking to you for direction, shaping of the culture with forward thinking ways to get the best out the team and of course building out the team.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about development and has a vision to help bring the insurance industry to the forefront of technical innovation.
You will be required to:
- Deliver enterprise level APIs for external facing customers leveraging cutting edge technologies.
- Directing the development team in the design, development, coding, testing and debugging of applications.
- Embedding ways of working to achieve an efficient, collaborative and productive team that delivers quality code fast
- Writing testable, scalable and efficient code and leading code reviews
- Build upon and improve current implementations and design patterns to improve codebase and to reduce technical debit/improve application performance and maintainability.
- Managing and mentoring developers in your team and ensuring they adhere to best practice implementation and software quality standards
- Assisting with the evaluation of new technologies, frameworks and toolsets to ensure products are developed to reach the highest standards and their best potential.
- Extensive full stack development experience with .NET, .NET Core and C#.
- Proven success as a technical team leader
- Familiarity with Object Orientated programming concepts, SOLID principles and software design patterns and best practices
- Experience mentoring and developing fellow team members
- Hands on experience developing and supporting commercial, enterprise and scalable software within a cloud hosted environment.
- Experienced in both the design and consumption of API technologies.
- Thorough understanding of database structures and design (Azure SQL, SQL Server, RDMS, NoSQL)
- Understanding of Automated Test Strategies and coding.
- Experience working in an Agile and Scrum environment.
- Thorough understanding of branching and release/deployment strategies; GIT, CI/CD, DevOps Pipelines
A great opportunity to join a company at the start of their growth phase, being responsible for the development and direction of the team.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.