Title: PMO Manager
Department: Workplace & Personal Financial Health (WPFH) Technology
Location: Kingswood, Surrey
Reports To: Tara Foxcroft
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.56 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $783.6 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond.
We are committed to being a truly flexible employer, encouraging and trusting our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our business, our colleagues and our clients. We offer the maximum possible flexibility over where and when you work for all, considering your role and any local regulations. We call this new approach “dynamic working”.
Find out more about what we do, our history, our new approach of “dynamic working“ and how you could be a part of our future at careers.fidelityinternational.com/about-us.
Integrity - Doing the right thing, every time and putting the client first
Trust - Empowering each other to take the initiative and make good decision
Our employees should be:
Brave - Challenge the status quo, be accountable and speak up
Bold - Act with conviction, encourage diverse thinking and keep things simple
Curious - Learn to do new things in better ways and encourage fresh thinking
Compassionate - Have empathy, care for colleagues, clients and the community
The Workplace & Personal Financial Health technology team is charged with the development of Fidelity’s Workplace, Personal Investing and Advisory business channels. The team is responsible for supporting and delivering a portfolio of projects agreed in WPFH, including regulatory and business-driven initiatives.
The technology team uses an agile model for project delivery, across the portfolio. The team is geographically split across the UK, Continental Europe, India and China.
Purpose of the Role
This role is located within the WPFH Technology PMO team based across the UK and India which supports the WPFH Technology change portfolios. The role holder will produce key reporting outputs summarising project, financial and resourcing information to change forums and internal management to support effective decision making. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of department financials, data integrity and verification of forecast submissions. They will monitor key varainces against baselines and provide commetary for action to be taken as needed.
The role requires somebody who is self-motivated and pro-active, with strong analytical skills who can clearly articulate concepts and findings. They will need to provide effective challenge and assurance of forecasts and actuals, driving improved accuracy within the department. They role holder will ensure that resource information and allocations are updated, providing an accurate representation of utilisation to enable alignment of prioritised demand.Supporting project managers, the role will also provide guidance on the purchase requisiton and invoicing process. They will support the transition of Resourcing and Financial management into the PPM Tool and roll out of forecasting processes and tools within the department.
- Manage key financial submissions as part of the monthly and quarterly cycles
- Act as the point of contact for queries relating to our forecasts and budgets working with finance, central teams and other business areas
- Produce key reporting outputs to the relevant change forums and internal management reporting
- Partner with project managers and change leads to challenge accuracy of forecasts and advise on best practice
- Ensure that placeholders are regularly reviewed and updated to reflect an accurate picture
- Review resource alignment and allocations to enable demand and capacity reporting
- Ensure accurate headcount and vacancy forecasts across the department
- Support the PM community with the purchase requisiton and invoicing process, as well as acting as a point of contact for our key vendor
- PO forecasting and accruals review, working with Finance as needed
- Conduct ad hoc analysis and modelling as required to support effective decision making
- Identify improvements in processes in conjunction with the immediate and wider team to improve accuracy where possible
- Support the roll out of the resourcing and financial modules in the PPM Tool and automation of monthly processes
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Signifiicant portfolio PMO experience within a large global technology function preferably Financial Services
- Strong understanding of project financials, budget management, business cases and variance analaysis
- Awareness of resource planning principles and experience managing resource allocations across a department
- Proven experience producing high quality reporting outputs for senior management forums
- Understanding of different methodologies and project management processes
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management
- Stong attention to detail and ability to analyse complex data sets
- Pro-active, flexible and positive ‘can-do’ approach
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-geographical team
- Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office tools
- Experience with PowerBI and PPM tools
- PMO qualification desirable
As an international financial services organisation, we are in-scope of international regulations in the way that we carry out our work. This position is involved in work that is regulated by the FCA and/or the PRA and their Individual Conduct Rules (COCON) apply to it, along with any other regulation. We provide training on COCON and how it affects our employees. More information about COCON can be found in the Employment Handbook.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.