We are currently looking for a Senior Consultant to join a consulting firm focused on strategy, operations and technology consulting within the Alternative Investments industry.
Looking for someone with a varied background and great understanding of the nuances of Alternative Investment operations who can identify and investigate problems outlined by the business teams, then drive towards an effective solution.
A varied role combining Advisory, diagnostics, RFPS and management/oversight of implementations of back office systems within their growing client base.
- Support projects and implementations from initiation to client Go-Live and beyond
- Learn and apply implementation methodologies
- Understand the nuances of Alternative Investment operations or subjects related to the completion of projects
- Prepare for and conduct business requirement interviews
- Document business requirements, processes (level 1, 2 and 3) and data/reporting requirements
- Understand the client’s existing business processes and assist the client in defining improved business solutions based on the client’s strategic goals and constraints
- Work with clients to analyse their current and future business needs, recommend best practice solutions, and define and document project deliverables for these solutions
- Document test cases in conjunction with business requirements and ensure that clear validation criteria are established across the project life cycle
- Minimises overall exposure and risk on projects
- Manages project progress, monitoring milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of schedule and identify / mitigate risk
- Produce detailed status reports, track actions, and manage progress meetings
- Strong project management and coordination skills
- Minimum of 2-5 years of combined experience in Business Consulting, Business Analysis, Project Management, System Implementations (SDLC), Audit, Accounting or Operations preferably within the Alternative Investment industry
- Ideally from a Fund Accounting, Fund Administration, Consulting, Implementations
- Exceptional communication, organisation, interpersonal & client-service skills
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Mastery of business analysis methodologies along with a demonstrable record of requirements elicitation and documentation;
- Able to deliver presentations and training in a formal environment
- Proven skills in documentation, process mapping (Visio), and other Microsoft Office tools
- Self-motivated and proactive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage expectations under pressure
- The ability to interact with vendors and partners to acquire technical information critical to a project’s requirements, costs or execution
- Hands-on knowledge of asset management industry systems a plus
- Systems experience: Equitrak, Investran, eFront, Dynamo, Allvue
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.