One of our leading London market Insurance clients is currently on the search for an experienced Database Administrator to join their IT division within their IT Infrastructure department on an 12 month fixed-term contract basis.
You will be working within the Infrastructure team alongside 2 other DBAs and 5 Infrastructure Engineers to carry out essential daily administration, installation and configuration of the SQL Server database estate as well as crucial Server backups across all environments.
This will also include the opportunity to work on some exciting project work such as on-premise migrations of applications to the cloud (AWS/Azure) with a digitally-driven business through a massive Agile transformation.
- Previous experience as a Database Administrator with a strong understanding of Relational Databases
- Experience in SQL Server 2012 upwards
- Proficient in query performance tuning
- Be able to compose detailed technical documentation covering standard operating procedures and guidelines for the use of SQL server
- A good understanding of the Windows server operating system, as well as a general knowledge of related infrastructure
- Experience working with public cloud services such as AWS and/or Azure
- Exposure to Data Warehousing, Integration Services, Analysis Services. Power BI and Powershell/Python
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.