My client, a leading global banking institution has a permanent requirement for a Senior Application Support specialist. This is an opportunity to join a front office aligned team responsible for providing support for Cash Equities Technology in London, with a particular focus on trading/sales based applications.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record providing hands-on L2 and L3 application support with the ability to lead end-to-end technical troubleshooting and problem solving. This role will suit a true problem solver with hands on technical skills across Unix and SQL.
In addition to day to day support, projects include capacity and performance management, monitoring initiatives, infrastructure upgrades, web based tools, reporting, documentation, audit and regulatory requests.
You will take ownership of issues through to resolution or escalation, as appropriate whilst pro-actively improving the quality of systems and service, and increase business value.
Skills & Experience:-
- Experience in a business facing application support role in an Investment Bank
- Experience of supporting cash equities trading/ risk management systems
- Effective communicator who can demonstrate strong influencing skills
- Track record of delivering continuous service improvement
- Understanding of Trading systems
- Strong analytical/trouble shooting skills
- Strong knowledge of supporting applications on Windows and Unix platforms
- Good knowledge of Equities market fundamentals
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.