A boutique investment management firm are looking for an associate to join a brand-new data management function as part of a new focus on their investment operations to maintain an effective data governance framework to ensure the businesses data is timely accurate and complete. They are looking for a hands-on data specialist to design, create and implement data management processes to support the business in the transition to a centralised data management model.
Mapping data flows in the business and determining how data is best harvested. The role will construct reports, build models and innovate ways to visualise data in order to create intelligence. You will be assisting the Head of Data Management to develop and implement an organisation of wide data governance framework, with a focus on improving and maintaining data quality as well as the protection of sensitive data through the development of principles, governance, policies, standards, processes, and data architecture.
You will need:
- Understanding of data, dataflows and data processes within asset management or a similar operational environment
- Knowledge of data governance and experience in ensuing high standards of data quality
- Experience in designing and implementing processes to onboard data with a focus on continual oversight
- Working knowledge of financial systems (examples include Aladdin, Markit EDM, Thinkfolio, eFront and Charles River)
- Advance knowledge of Excel and other similar software for data analysis, manipulation, extraction and reporting (examples include SQL or Power Bi)
A great opportunity to join a newly created team as they embark on a journey to change the face of data within a diverse and inspiring investment management firm.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.