£600p/d Inside IR35
An international Lloyd's Market insurer are looking for a Business Analyst to join their Digital team. We are looking for someone with strong Lloyd's market knowledge and business process experience.
Looking for an articulate individual who can translate business strategies and objectives into business requirement and have the ability to support the development of a Business Case. Working within a small close-knit team to conduct and analyse feasibility studies/impact assessments, regarding technology change and conduct workshops to elicit and document business requirements.
You would work closely with architects who have delivered high-level estimations for each component, doing requirements gathering based on the sequence diagrams that they’ve put together.
- Analyse business requirements and translate into project artefacts, such as; user stories, specifications, including use case documents, system design documents and data definitions.
- Analyse and document “as is” business processes. Evaluate the current state of business process and model the “to be” business processes.
- Ensure development community has a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
- Conduct/facilitate acceptance tests for solutions with user community, including, development of IAT test scenario and test scripts.
- Develop, deliver and evaluate process and technology training and supplemental materials
- Communicate progress, issues and risks to the project manager and key stakeholders.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on behalf of the team or project.
- Report and communicate fluently on all aspects of work and communicate effectively with all levels of management and in public forums.
- Provide business with effective support and advice in relation to investigate and resolve queries, design and specify enhancements to existing and new functionality.
- Take responsibility for investigative work to seek effective business solutions.
- Organise implementation of improvements to information systems, data management, processes, organisation and equipment.
- Maintain links with appropriate counterparts in both project delivery and service delivery functions, and implement changes whilst adhering to organisation’s policies and methods.
- Recognise opportunities for business or valid applications across a very broad technical front and shows ability to take action and exploit such opportunities.
- System integration design, data definition and flow design.
- Complete data analysis when required (e.g. impact analysis, data quality analysis, data migration, data reconciliation).
- Provide business advice/expertise for information technology to be used and implemented effectively.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Insurance: General Insurance, including Lloyds and UK Company Markets and understanding of the project lifecycle and SDLC.
- Knowledge of Insurance Business Processes and functions and an understanding of the commercial significance of market constraints.
- An understanding of Project Management principles and methodologies.
- Familiar with Agile Project delivery methods.
- Solid Business Analysis experience, gained within an IT environment.
- Experience of working with external third-party suppliers to achieve goals aligned to the corporate strategy.
- Good analytical skills with good business acumen.
- Able to gather business requirements and produce documentation to a high standard.
- Able to write systems design documents.
- Able to recognise potential assignments outside areas of specialisation, challenge current processes and willing to suggest new ideas and change.
- Able to communicate to all levels of the business from senior management downwards and fully experienced at dealing with client/users.
- Able to work well on assigned projects, providing end to end support.
- End to end experience of the project lifecycle.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.