Permanent - £80,000
A global Lloyd’s Insurer are looking for a business intelligence engineer to join on a permanent basis. You will be reporting into the Lead Business Intelligence Engineer, where you will be responsible for developing their business intelligence solution for the Global Data Warehouse.
We are looking for someone who is familiar with data warehouse builds and have experience working with large, complex data sets, along with expertise in Power BI.
A great opportunity to join a growing insurance firm that are going through a vast amount of change and digital transformation.
- Execute data requests
- Present information through reports
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions using Power BI
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Collaborate with our global teams to integrate systems into the Global Data Warehouse
- Develop/analyse database queries
- Create visualisations and reports for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Foster a team culture of continuous development
- Be available for on-call support as needed
- Proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist
- Background in data warehouse design and data mining
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) frameworks
- Expertise with Microsoft Power BI
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication collaboration tools
- Familiarity with agile and software development lifecycle work - including design, build, code review, testing, release and bug fixing
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.