My client, a leading global investment bank, is currently looking for an experienced Capacity Manager to join the organisation.
The role, sitting within Market Valuation and Risk Management Technology. MVRM systems enables the bank’s Risk functions and trading businesses to calculate, generate, analyse, and report on major risk and capital metrics to regulators.
The platform is currently undergoing a strategic migration to google cloud. This is a key role to work with the Platform team to build out and maintain the estate on-premises and off-premises (cloud).
Your key responsibilities.
- Driving engagement with Platform Owners, System Architects, Business Stakeholders and Support Managers to capture requirements for capacity planning & management
- Engaging and working with Platform teams and Architects to design, build and deliver a holistic, generic capacity management and monitoring framework; on-prem and cloud ensuring sufficient capacity to maintain stability and meet growth needs
- Measuring Platform Total Cost Ownership (TCO) and driving TCO reductions through active monitoring and optimisation in collaboration with relevant teams
- Taking ownership of end-to-end capacity monitoring processes, defining metrics whilst monitoring strategy and thresholds
- Monitoring Key Performance Indicator's and taking remediation actions for capacity usage and Service Level Agreement breaches
Your skills and experience
- Experience in IT (Information Technology) system capacity management, infrastructure architecture, monitoring, or service management
- Experience of analysing capacity incidents, identifying root cause for issues and arranging mitigation actions to avoid incidents
- Data analytical and technical skills (scripting, sysadmin) to gather, examine and report key capacity metrics to support business growth
- Experience in providing infrastructure architecture assistance to complex application platforms catering to different business units and varied technology solutions
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced system expert to join a high profile programme withing a global investment bank
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.