My client, a leading global financial services organisation, is currently looking for an experienced Cloud Architect to join the team.
Working as the Lead within a centralised Cloud team you will be responsible for leading and driving cloud transformation across the organisation by working with different business areas to advise and contribute to cloud migrations and greenfield cloud builds.
With an aim of 60% on cloud across AWS, Azure and GCP this will be an opportunity to create significant technical change in a rapidly evolving organisation. You will provide Cloud Architecture and Engineering expertise across multiple application teams; looking to deliver shared solutions to common problems and defining best practices for teams moving to cloud.
Candidates must have:
- Substantial experience of working as a developer and/or architect, which must include working with Cloud technologies and containerized platforms
- Experience with public cloud platforms such AWS, GCP and/or Azure - including base technologies like EC2, S3,. Lambdas or equivalents
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes and development of containerized solutions – particularly knowledge of container management platforms like Anthos or Openshift and related tools such as Helm & Istio
- Understanding of best practices of building containerized platforms
- Development using Java and related technologies like Spring/Boot, Camel
- Infrastructure as Code and Policy as Code capabilities such as Terraform and Sentinel
- Key management and secrets management such as HashiCorp Vault or AWS SecretsManager
- An understanding of Cloud networking – including VPCs, load balancing and firewall usage
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly changing organisation in a position of real influence.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.