Our client, a leading investment manager based in the City, are looking for a Data Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. This will be to work in a greenfield Innovation Lab which has been set-up to provide insights to the front-office and improve the way they invest.
This role will involve working across several large datasets and databases, and will include optimizing queries, stored procedures, views, schema design and dimensional modelling. You will be responsible for integrating new data sources into their data warehouse and will be working closely with data science and visualisation teams to make sure data is easily accessible.
You will be experienced with SQL Server and ideally have some experience with Python.
- Excellent knowledge of MSSQL, including optimizing queries, stored procedures, views, schema design and dimensional modelling.
- Experience with using alternative data such as geospatial, text, etc.
- Experience working with large datasets.
- Previous experience working with non-financial data is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Python or R, and NoSQL databases is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Azure and Azure DevOps
This is an excellent opportunity to join a brand-new team that is focused on innovation within the investment space.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.