Our client, a leading Investment Manager based in London, is looking for a Data Engineering Lead to join them on a permanent basis.
The role is an exciting opportunity to lead their data systems, BI and warehousing engineering and architecture cross functional team.
This person will be a highly talented technical leader, opinionated and able to drive the vision for Data Engineering and to build and grow the data team.
This hands on role will allow the right candidate to lead a team to deliver the overall architecture and design of their data platforms and solutions ensuring that they self-reinforce; ensuring they build the right elements and leverage the best available technology from their vendors and corporate partners in the most effective way while driving a brilliant and consistent customer experience.
You will be expected to design and deliver technical solutions with an emphasis on quality, automation and continuous integration; working in collaboration with peers and contribute to new technology discussions, as well as employing a growth mindset, learning new approaches, technologies and techniques.
- Leads the client's data systems, BI and warehousing engineering and architecture cross functional team, setting the tone and values to ensure they can collaborate and deliver effectively in agile scrum teams with the rest of the organisation
- Works directly with the Head of Engineering, and other department leaders to proactively drive the vision for Data Engineering, aligning to the overall business and technology strategies - to define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision.
- Works in partnership with Data Governance to drive data ownership, availability and quality across the systems
- Collaborates internally with the appropriate teams; advise, coach and mentor members of the team and department
- Provides direction and has the autonomy and authority to resolve critical-situation technical problems at the team or department level
- Drives tangible and ongoing standardisation, simplification and efficiency of engineering processes, tools and methodologies. Overseeing, reviewing and revising continuous improvement opportunities.
- Continually looks to expand knowledge in new and evolving areas of data engineering, analytics and machine learning.
- Manage data engineers, coach, mentor, assisting in personal and professional development, by having career conversations, providing and eliciting regular feedback and helping individuals track their personal development.
- Set strategically aligned team goals through frameworks like KPIs and OKRs that build toward a cohesive collective roadmap
- Deep technical knowledge of complex (and simple) data architectures, covering areas such as operations, scalability, compliance, risk & security.
- Detailed knowledge of how to apply the concepts and principles of leading data and software engineering practices
- Ability to assist teams in applying a range of techniques for data profiling and data quality and understanding of data policies and protocols, frameworks and patterns.
- Sound understanding and interest in applying data science techniques
- Strong leadership, with experience initiating and driving complex and impactful data and software projects
- Can prioritise and allocate resources and manage utilisation
- Stays up to date with technology trends and is recognized as a data SME and informs about issues/new developments that relate to the strategy
- Able to navigate large corporate organisations, adopting a consultative and collaborative approach
- Able to influence senior technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Financial services experience would be preferable
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.