My client, a leading financial services organisation, are currently looking for 2 Data Modellers to join the organisation.
The business provides traditional market and reference data with alternative and unstructured data assets and aggregate these datasets for multiple use cases. The Data Model standardises the concepts our data represents. The successful execution of a data and technology strategy that leverages these data models and this connected data provides better ideas through more insightful analysis, more accurate calculation of risk exposure, and eases
regulatory reporting requirements.
Working within a team of data architects and modellers, this role presents a rare opportunity for someone with a passion for data modelling to produce an enterprise wide data model.
Candidates must have:
- Extensive data modelling experience, preferably within the financial services industry working on large scale data migration programmes
- Experience with Equities, Bonds, Futures & Options, Mortgages/Loans, Indices & Benchmarks, Funds, Commodities, Company Fundamentals, Exchanges, Corporate Actions, Deals etc.
- Good understanding of financial reference and/or market reference data
- Data modelling skills and a solid understanding of the difference between conceptual, logical and physical models
- In-depth knowledge of database structures for reference data as well as methods of working for sourcing and capturing this data
- Understanding of UML and or logical data models is essential
- Understanding of RDBMS’s and proficiency with SQL
- Experience of Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect, GraphQL, and understanding of JSON and/or XML
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.