A Data Scientist is needed by a truly innovative organisation that is part of the Lloyd’s Market who are attempting to disrupt traditional insurance with the use of algorithmic trading. They are a unique organisation that utilise their expertise in speciality insurance and combine this will cutting edge technology.
The Data Scientist will be expected to work with the Portfolio Management actuaries and data engineers to maintain and develop a production grade algorithm using Machine Learning models. They are moving all of their tech to Google Cloud as part of a new partnership with Google and all their development is done using Python.
Insurance experience is an absolute must have for this role.
- A strong understanding of Machine Learning approaches and algorithms and how they are monitored and maintained.
- Experience taking data science models from research and development into production
- Comfortable working in Python
- Experience with common machine learning frameworks (e.g. scikit-learn, TensorFlow, etc.)
- Experience working in regulated industry, especially working in the London and Lloyd’s insurance markets would be an advantage.
- Experience working within cloud environments would be beneficial (GCP a plus).
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong Insurance record looking to move into Data Science following a Master’s or PhD in a Machine Learning based discipline.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.