Database Administrator – Oracle, Infrastructure, Database Engineer, DBA, Financial Services, Investment Banking
A well-respected Investment bank is currently recruiting a Database Administrator to join their infrastructure team, driving, and supporting infrastructure improvements within the Corporate Bank IT application space.
This position will achieve an improvement in the stability of the Corporate Bank application portfolio, increased resilience, and recoverability routines as well as improved performance and efficient usage of infrastructure estate.
- Proactively assess CB applications use of Infrastructure and identify opportunities for improving resilience, stability, and efficiency
- Design, plan and implement improvements associated with your infrastructure area of expertise.
- Act as liaison between CB IT and core Infrastructure teams, forming a solid network of support and expertise within the wider teams to support when required
- Engagement on Major Incident for CB Applications involving infrastructure components.
- Problem Management - Permanent resolutions – ‘Fix once, Fix everywhere, Fix Faster’
- Database Administration level experience combining complex troubleshooting, performance reviews and assessment within an Oracle environment
- Technical knowledge and analytical skills on at least one of the following areas, Middleware – Web, Java, Weblogic, Tomcat, jBoss, Container technology, Networking or Storage
- Experience with monitoring stack
- Excellent forensic level troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Must be able to communicate and influence effectively across different technology teams.
This is an excellent opportunity for a database administrator to join a leading bank with a global network.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.