A Development Manager is needed by one of the worlds most recognisable brands within Investment Management. This position will be focused on leading a brand new team of Agile Developers in order to create a new portfolio management system using Microservices with Java, Spring and AWS.
The business area is predominantly Equities focussed and you will be working closely with the portfolio managers and other business stakeholders. Thus front office experience is a necessity. This is a global role although the projects are being lead from London giving you control of the technological decisions.
- A history of managing Agile/Scrum Development teams
- Close experience with Java, Spring Patterns, Micro Service Patterns and testing methodologies – ideally coming from a hands on engineering background
- Experience of Financial Services including front office and ideally Buy-Side experience
- Experience of Micro Services Architecture specifically within the context of AWS
- Experience working with relational databases and managing large data volumes
- Experience in an Agile processes and the full dev ops lifecycle including CI/CD pipelines
This is an excellent opportunity to join a largely greenfield programme and manage a team of highly skilled developers with close interaction with the business.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.