A leading global investment management firm are seeking a Development Manager for their front office portfolio management team working with Java and AWS.
The chosen candidate will be have the opportunity to work on a greenfield project leading the migration of their systems onto a new microservices architecture hosted on AWS. This offers an exciting technical challenge as well as complex stakeholder management. With great exposure to senior stakeholders, this role will have excellent career progression opportunities within the division and wider organisation.
Candidates will have a technical background with prior experience developing applications using core Java, Spring frameworks and Microservices and experience of AWS is highly desirable.
Financial Services experience is a prerequisite and knowledge of investment management would be highly advantageous.
- Five years’ experience of working in a leadership role in IT managing technical resources
- Experience developing using core Java and Spring frameworks
- Experience implementing/adopting Microservices
- Hands-on management style.
- Experience in delivering technical solutions through both vendor (on-/off-shore) and employee resources.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with business and technology partners.
- Experience of working in a leadership space in a financial institution (Investment Bank or Investment Manager) with man management responsibilities.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.