A Senior DevOps Engineer is urgently sought after by a global Financial Services business to join a global programme focused on transforming their traditional physical networking model to a modern, cloud-hosted, software-oriented approach.
This will require working heavily with Python, AWS, Terraform and Ansible, for the design, development and implementation of cloud-hosted self-service networking environments and automated delivery pipelines.
To be able to deliver this work, you will be working in conjunction with a large multi-faceted function of SRE’s, Network Engineers, Architects and other DevOps Engineers to ensure that all possible aspects of this transformation are accounted for and effectively handled.
To be successful, you will demonstrate the following:
- A background in hands-on DevOps Engineering, with experience in the design and implementation of automated CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins and other related tools, and Python scripting
- Experience working with AWS Cloud, including the usage of Ansible and Terraform for provisioning environments and automation
- An understanding of network fundamentals such as load balancing, primarily in relation to AWS
- Ideally, you will have previously worked on a cloud migration/modernisation programme
- Prior experience of having worked in Financial Services is advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join a truly global Financial Services organisation and help drive a business-critical Network transformation and modernisation programme.
Please note due to organisational policy, you will be required to work via an umbrella company for the duration of the contract.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.