An Engineering Manager is required to join a global entertainment brand on a permanent basis reporting directly into the Director of Engineering. The ideal candidate will have strong experience coaching, leading, and hiring a team of web developers and engineers as well as developing clear outcomes and bringing technical experience to the table to solve sophisticated engineering assignments and navigate trade-offs.
As well as leading a team, you will also be the main contact for third-party service providers and set development programs encouraging cross skilling and learning. The ideal candidate will be someone with prior experience within a customer facing web development environment and exposure to cloud-based services. You will also be required to have experience of Microservices based architecture and a background in working with teams in Agile. Prior development experience of LAMP or PHP is highly desirable.
What we're looking for:
- Enterprise application, customer facing website development.
- Prior development experience of LAMP: PHP, or similar web development technologies.
- Experience of Microservices based architecture.
- Prior development experience of cloud-based services.
- Team management experience including performance reviews, budgeting, and hiring.
- Experience working with Agile teams with SAFE experience being desirable.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.