£550p/d (Outside IR35)
A global insurance firm are looking for a Business Analyst with strong testing experience to join their Global Financial Data Warehouse project.This is an implementation of Phinsys and related products, taking data from source systems Eclipse, Sequel Claims and a reserving database.
We are looking for someone who has strong Lloyd’s Market experience and ideally knowledge of Phinsys and/or Datawarehouse. As well as experience of the financial close process, GAAP, earnings and calculations.
- work with software developers and operations support teams to understand requirements
- meet with system users to understand the scope of projects
- plan testing phases of projects
- Create test approaches and other test articles, such as scripts, test progress reporting, transition gates etc
- carry out manual functional and non-functional testing
- write and execute test scripts using JIRA / DevOps
- work towards project deadlines
- present findings to project and business user teams
- work on multiple projects at one time
- communicate findings to technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Manage UAT with the different business units
- Knowledge of the Phinsys suite of products (Tandam, Rapport, Comply and PostBox).
- Working knowledge of SQL and querying databases
- Finance processes within the London insurance market.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Target mapping experience
- problem-solving skills
- the ability to work under pressure
- attention to detail
- competent technical skills
- the ability to work in a team and individually.
- organisational skills with the capability of working towards tight deadlines
- Knowledge of GAAP, earnings and calculations
- Knowledge of the financial close process
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.