£700p/d inside IR35
Initial 4months (opportunity to extend/go permanent)
A large InsurTech are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join on a contract basis. A company that are building technology to revolutionise how the world's biggest projects are insured.
Working on their broker platform which is the core technology crucial to their success – allowing them to evolve underwriting intelligently and unlock massive scale. A multi-disciplined team, bringing together expertise in software and data engineering, full stack development, platform operations, algorithm research, and data science. Their squads focus on delivering high-impact features – we favour a highly iterative, analytical approach.
We are ideally looking for some with strong Kotlin experience and/or Java and React on the frontend.
- Strong software engineering principles (SOLID, DRY, ER modelling)
- Professional experience with a server-side language, ideally JVM based
- Professional experience building web-based single page applications, using React/Typescript or an equivalent
- Knowledge of front-end development, able to build rich user interfaces following a responsive design
- HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Comfortable working with cloud infrastructure, infrastructure as code, familiar with standard logging and monitoring tools used to investigate issues
- Experience with continuous integration, or ideally, continuous delivery
- Strong familiarity with build tools (e.g. Maven) and version control tools (e.g. Git/Github)
- Experience working in agile teams, following Scrum or Kanban, participating in regular ceremonies including stand-ups, planning, and retrospectives
- Experience using project management and workflow tools (e.g. Jira)
- Previous experience of software development in the financial markets, Fintech or Insurtech is preferable
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.