One of the country’s leading e-gaming, sports betting and online trading firms are looking to hire a Quantitative Analyst to join their London based team on a permanent basis. This role will sit within the Quant team, who collect and analyse a wealth of historical sports data. They use a variety of statistical methods including GLMS, Kalman filters and Monte Carlo to spot the key patterns that can be used for assessing future outcome probabilities. The output of their models are the core to the business.
In the role of Quantitative Analyst, you would be using a wide range of techniques including MCMC, GLMS and ranking systems, but they also encourage analysts to come up with novel solutions to problems. They will give you the freedom to try out your own ideas, using the software tools you deem appropriate, but with support and mentoring from the experienced team.
- Masters degree or PhD in Mathematics (or related field) from a top university
- A solid understanding of the fundamentals of statistical prediction and probability theory including, for example, an in-depth knowledge of regression and model fitting
- Use of Stochastic Calculus or Bayesian
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- An interest in sports of competitive games
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.