A Head of Middle Office Technology is needed by one of the worlds largest and most successful Investment Management companies in London. This will be responsible for managing three development teams (c.25 staff) responsible for building their technology platforms across Regulatory, Investment Solutions and Data Management.
The team is predominantly made of Java engineers with a focus on Agile engineering utilizing AWS cloud. They are a critical function with high visibility and as such this offers an exciting challenge both technically and from a business perspective. You will be expected to be able to converse in depth with technologists as well as business stakeholders.
- Hire, evaluate, and supervise team members
- Be responsible for delivering software releases relating to the product for the business units, leading the testing, evaluation, and selection of IT vendor products
- Partner closely with management to develop and implement staffing and operational plans
- Present status, metrics, and department initiatives at meetings with management and project peers
- Participate in the development of the department budget
Key Experience Needed
- A history in managing high performance Agile Development teams
- A strong understanding of technology including Cloud advantages/disadvantages, CI/CD, TDD
- Experience in a Regulatory environment, ideally within Buy Side firms and UK and Australian regulations
- Expert in stakeholder management on a global scale
- Experience in Development and Programme Management
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a rapidly expanding middle office function managing a team of excellent engineers. The company prides themselves on their collaborative culture.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.