My client , a leading Storage and Archiving provider, are seeking a Head of Support to join their Buckinghamshire office on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for the management and leadership of circa 15 technical support personnel, ensuring the 24/7 function is running smoothly.
You will be tasked with providing technical support and perspective to your team, ensuring delivery across their media and academia clientele is consistent. Leading and mentoring global support teams, creating goals and visions for the team to achieve and being the main point of contact for teams to escalate issues for resolution. In line with this, you will also partake in the creation of Major Incident Management process, creating best practices on a global scale and reporting on team performance to executive level management.
- Previous experience as an Engineer and extensive background in managing global support teams within the Media sector.
- Ability to manage and lead best practices, creating outstanding team performance to report back to executive level stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of storage and archiving hardware, specifically GPFS or other Parallel Filling Systems
- Good knowledge of Linux and Unix systems, ability to use it on a daily basis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.