A global insurance firm are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer you will be required to ensure sound delivery of technical services for new Users. Working as part of a team supporting a hosted environment that delivers hosted services to all Staff.
You will be providing a mixture of preventative support as well as integration activity around Windows Server environment, Citrix XenApp, VMWare, Hyper-V and more.
You will also be working in a fast-pace environment driving performance and reliability from software, infrastructure and cloud environments, tackling challenging, unique situations every day and work with other functions and employees as well as business users.
As an infrastructure engineer you will be looked upon as a subject matter expert and advocate to fellow team members on making reliable technical decisions around supporting and deploying large scale services and engineering complex systems.
Having strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, experience in integrating multi technology platforms and brands of product, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle the complex problems of scale which are unique.
- Maintain and monitor all network, security and computer systems to meet the organisation's current and future requirements
- Responsible for management, maintenance and architecture of storage, virtualised environment, servers, network devices, and productivity tools
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Work within strict time frames and elevate incidents within defined timeframes
- Test all changes to networks, hardware and software
- Monitor service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards and customer and business stakeholder requirements
- Cater to doing infrastructure coordination related to design and setup activities at different stages of a project
- Work with various vendors and service providers to ensure productive environment
- Professionally represent the infrastructure team as a technical consultant on projects
- Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications
- Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors and contract consultants
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future technologies
- Maintain good working relationships with all service providers and vendor to ensure that services received meet expected requirements of contract
- Solid technical background in a hosted services environment, public cloud, infrastructure, networks, hardware, software and telecommunications
- Proven ability to work in AWS or Azure
- Experience with incident ticketing systems
- Knowledge of Office 365, Exchange Online and Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience with automation and pipelines
- Ability to identify incident trends in order to elevate incidents in accordance with standard protocols
- Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good attention to detail, testing and documentation
- Strong virtualisation experience with Hyper-V, VM Ware, Citrix Xen App, VDIVDEs
- Experience in Microsoft System Centre
- Proven track record with hosted desktop and published applications
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.