A global financial development institution is looking for a Security engineer to join on a contract basis.
You will join a small IT team with many functions contracted to third parties. The team works closely together with many team members managing multiple roles and providing back up for each other. Standard ITIL practices have been adopted, or are in the process of being adopted, whilst a new Information Security Management System and Cyber Security Strategy are currently being developed.
Security monitoring is managed by a third-party Security Operations Centre, and incident response is also partly outsourced.
You will be responsible for;
- Ownership of the day-to-day cyber security activities, such as log analysis, log management, event management, vulnerability management, and reacting to alarms, events and incidents (in conjunction with both the in-house and outsourced IT and Security functions).
- Help to develop security and operational tools, policies, playbooks, and rule bases to monitor and analyse the security posture of the IT estate and identify anomalous activity and behaviours.
- Help to refine and develop dashboards and reports to continuously improve security situational awareness.
- Help in the production of reports and MI to present activity and outcome of operational security services improvements.
- Provide support to 2nd level technical support to ensure issues are managed through to successful completion.
- Assist end users throughout the organisation as required.
Skills and experience needed:
- Along with previous experience of working in a cyber security function the candidate must have experience of:
- Managing, troubleshooting, and supporting the Microsoft security stack.
- Network security (WAN/LAN/Wi-Fi), particularly Meraki Firewalls.
- Mail Gateway solutions knowledge, particularly Mimecast (Mimecast user awareness module would be a bonus).
- Vulnerability scanning and remediation.
- Reporting cyber security risks into a risk management tool.
- Reporting, presentation, and knowledge transfer skills.
- Working with outsourced security and technology providers.
- A recognised cyber security qualification, such as CEH, CISSP, CCSP, CompTIA Security+, etc.
- Experience of working with remote overseas offices is a bonus.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.