A Java Developer with strong skills in Spring Boot and Rest APIs is sought after by a leading global Investment Bank to join one of their Fixed Income engineering teams. This is a globally distributed team who are in the process of consolidating a disparate, regionally split bonds platform, into a more modern single/unified setup.
As a hands-on Developer in the team, you will be working on implementing new functionality to the platform (a mixture of new services, components and the ability to onboard new businesses), as well as ensuring it is scalable and resilient. Your day to day will involve working alongside the business to understand requirements, alongside designing and implementing technical solutions through the use of microservices and Rest Web services, while following a Test-Driven Development approach.
To be successful you will demonstrate:
- Strong hands-on experience in Java and Java related frameworks, such Spring boot
- Familiarity with Agile and Test-driven development
- Good understanding of Rest APIs and Microservices, having previously delivered a solution into production.
- Understanding of front-end frameworks, such as React or Angular, is beneficial.
- Being motivated and eager to learn
It is an exciting opportunity for a talented Java developer to join a critical modernisation project at its beginning, within a growing business unit of the bank.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.