A world leading events organization are hiring for their Digital Data Analytics Division working on their brand new platform. This position will focus on productionising and scaling their data science models for revenue generation. This team is responsible for the functionality of over 600 websites and a huge data analytics system that utilizes machine learning models for their clients.
Due to the pandemic the company has invested heavily in digital and online events creating a unique experience for their exhibitions. The Data Engineer will be responsible for taking a leading role in providing a best in class data solution for the new platform to create new revenue opportunities.
They work on AWS (S3, Lambdas) and use SQL, Python and C# .Net Core. Experience with BI/MI is necessary, and an understanding of Machine Learning and Data Science is appreciated.
They are also offering this on a fully remote basis with the occaisional office trip (once every 6 weeks)
Key Skills Required
- Senior Data Engineer/Developer experience, leading the discovery, architecture, design and maintenance of data-led solutions, working in cross-functional teams in agile environments.
- An expert in relational and non-relational database architectures: normalisation, table structures, views, stored procedures, functions, and cloud/blob storage formats.
- A polyglot with in-depth experience in at least one enterprise SQL implementation and extensive experience of at least one No-SQL and/or big data solution.
- Experience with database performance optimization for massively scalable, high volume solutions.
- Expert SQL experience, ideally strong C#.Net and Python
- AWS experience with S3 and Lambdas – must have cloud experience
- BI/MI experience working with complex dashboards
This is a 6 month initial contract with extension possibility.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.