A world leading financial services organisation is hiring a Team Lead and a Senior Engineer for their Credit Default Swaps division. This team works closely with quants working on risk pricing calculations and they are about to build a brand new intraday risk calculation system. Furthermore, they will be undergoing a proof of concept for the migration to cloud.
The key responsibilities for this hire will be hands on engineering using Java (and some C++ for the quant analytics library). The role will involve project leadership and the Team Lead will also manage 4 engineers reporting directly into them.
- Strong software design and development skills to be primarily applied in server side Java stacks but work in other languages such as Kotlin or C++ may be required.
- Strong awareness of the design and development considerations involved in derivative pricing and risk systems. Understands the desired separation of concerns between a Quantitative library and an IT risk stack.
- Strong awareness of web, distributed and multi-threaded application design.
- Positive drive for following DevOps and Continuous Integration processes in order to deliver high quality and well tested software using frameworks such as Junit, Cucumber etc.
- Strong familiarity with Java development toolset including Maven and IntelliJ.
This is an excellent opportunity to build a new set of risk calculation systems for front office risk pricing division, working closely with Quants and the business.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.