A Lead Java Engineer is sought after by a leading global Investment Bank to join their Enterprise Risk function on a permanent basis.
This will be specifically joining a team responsible for the development of a greenfield centralised data platform which will shape and lead the adoption of a standardised approach to data storage and exchange.
This is a hands-on Lead Engineer position where your responsibilities will range from actively contributing to the platforms architecture and code base, to driving the establishment and maintenance of development best practises for the team. This will include tasks such as mentoring/coaching juniors, undertaking both pair programming and code review as well as running design workshops.
To be successful, you will meet the following requirements:
- A strong background in server-side Java development, with an understanding of caching, multi-threading and distributed environments
- Experience in the design and development of Spring Boot Microservices and REST APIs
- A proven ability to lead Agile engineering teams and being a champion of modern development best practises (TDD/BDD, DevOps etc.)
- Any knowledge or experience of cloud would be extremely beneficial, especially Google Cloud (GCP)
- Whilst not critical, a career within financial services is ideal (especially data-centric environments)
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Lead Java Engineer to make a meaningful contribution to the data storage/exchange practises and facilities of a world-leading Investment Bank.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.