A Network Engineer with well-rounded experience generally but specialising in Unified Comms and Telephony, is sought after by a global Hedge Fund to join their Network Services Team on a permanent basis.
This is a globally distributed team who ultimately have full ownership of all things network related within the business and are currently going through a period of investment and expansion (including a drive for network automation, move towards SRE style of working and the build-out of a new datacentre).
To support this, they are looking for someone adaptable and open-minded to join the team and get involved across everything they are responsible for. As a team that utilise a flat structure and are extremely collaborative, meaning you will be able to contribute to all aspects: network architecture and design, road mapping and technology section for the future and also the opportunity to become an SME in any area you desire.
They also have strategic partnerships with organisations such as Cisco and Palo, providing access to the latest technology and the opportunity to enhance your skills via dedicated training resources.
Key Skills Required:
- A solid grasp of Network Engineering principles (TCP/IP Protocols, IDS, IPS etc.) backed up by strong hands-on capability.
- Strong capabilities in the areas of Unified Communications and Telephony.
- Experience working across a range of networking tools including Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto etc.
- A deep understanding of topics such as switching, routing, load balancing, firewalls and networking monitoring.
- A background working in global/enterprise scale organisations, preferably within Finance.
- Any experience in areas such as Network Automation or Cloud Networking is highly beneficial.
Please note this role may require flexible working hours to implement changes in all regions (US/EMEA/APAC) and respond to P1 issue callout.
Also, due to organisational policy, you will be required to work in office 4 days per week.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.