Senior Data Architect required to join a London based insurance organisation to own the data strategy design and implementation. Taking responsibility for the design of the data library architecture (including Data Warehouse, Data Lake, Data Mart Structures), the Data Architect will play a leading role within the wider architecture practice with a focus on the SQL DWH to Azure (Data Factory, Databricks, Data Lake) migration. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in data modelling & data warehousing with experience in developing integration of Azure data platform to various types of external systems. Beyond this, applicants will need to possess technical design/development experience of: Python, Azure Blob Storage, SQL Server, Azure Data Factory, CI/CD Pipelines and Spark/DataBricks.
- Responsibility for ensuring the Data Library can be used as a corporate resource, including user access, storage and operational considerations and capacity requirements
- Responsibility for translating business requirements into designs for Data Library (including data lake, data warehouse and data marts)
- Own the design of the Data Library architecture - data lake, data warehouse, data mart structures, tools, technologies and best practice
- Lead on providing different architectural options – presenting pros and cons
- Provide assistance for the storage and management of metadata, including data model definitions, end-user reporting tool metadata, ETL tool metadata, and source system definitions.
- Ensure developers fulfil the functional and non-functional requirements
- Carry out analysis on business related issues impacting system
- Extensive data warehousing experience
- Strong data modelling skills including complex relationships and historical recording techniques
- Experience in developing integrations of Azure data platform to various types of external systems with the ability to recommend approach and technology covering Data Lakes, Data Warehousing, Azure and MI
- Technical design/development experience across SQL Server, Azure Data Factory, Spark/Databricks
- Strong awareness of BI tools (such as Power BI) and technologies
- Financial Services/Insurance experience desirable
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.