A leading Insurance Syndicate within the Lloyd’ Market is currently recruiting for a Senior Data Engineer to join a new greenfield team on a permanent basis in their London office.
Within this role, you will be tasked with collaborating with a team of engineers to build and deliver and effective Azure Data Lake platform for the businesses financial and underwriting reporting and analytical needs. To achieve this, you will be utilising a multitude of technologies within Azure including leveraging a Data Lake for storage, Data Factory for integration and Databricks for transformation.
As this is a Greenfield team, this role will include hands on development and mentoring of junior members as the business continues to develop its data platform utilising an exciting technology stack.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Strong experience with Azure Data Lakes, Data Factory & Databricks - if you have one of these please still do reach out.
- Strong experience of writing SQL queries coupled with release management and ETL development.
- Exposure to PySpark and Kimball Data modelling would be highly beneficial but not required.
- A knowledge and understanding of Python would be beneficial but not required.
- Experience of working within an Agile framework would be advantageous.
- Any knowledge of London Market Insurance would be highly regarded, but not essential at all.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.