|Job title :||Senior Data Engineer – Azure (Data Lake, Factory, Databricks & Synapse), SQL, PySpark|
|Job type :||Permanent|
|Salary :||£80000 - £90000 per annum|
|Sector :||Buy Side|
A leading Insurance Syndicate within the Lloyd’ Market is currently recruiting for a Senior Data Engineer to join a new greenfield team on a permanent basis in their London office.
Within this role, you will be tasked with collaborating with a team of engineers to build and deliver and effective Azure Data Lake platform for the businesses financial and underwriting reporting and analytic needs. To achieve this, you will be utilising a multitude of technologies within Azure including leveraging a Data Lake for storage, Data Factory for integration and Databricks for transformation.
As this is a Greenfield team, this role will include hands on development and mentoring of junior members as the business continues to develop its data platform utilising an exciting technology stack.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Strong experience as a Data Engineer with a demonstrated history of Data Engineering projects.
- Strong experience with Azure, including Data Factory & Data Bricks and the ability to work in a fully hosted Azure environment.
- Any exposure to PySpark would be beneficial, but is not required for this role.
- Experience of working within an Agile framework would be advantageous.
- Any experience of working in a regulated environment in either Insurance or Financial Services is beneficial.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-respected Insurance Syndicate within the Lloyd’s market in what is a highly visible area of the business at present.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.