A leading Investment Bank are hiring a Data Engineer with experience of Python, Big Data and Machine Learning to join their Front Office. This position will sit as part of Sales and Trading as they build creative solutions within Global Markets.
The core technology stack is based on Python, Spark, Hadoop but will also involve KDB and Azure cloud. The predominant focus will be the build out of the new analytics product including Machine Learning pipelines. The key requirements for this role are technology based but a knowledge of Global Markets across Equities, Fixed Income OR FX would be desirable.
- 4-10+ years of strong experience designing and developing large applications, analytics and data pipelines in a rigorous production environment.
- Proficiency in Java and/or Python or similar. Experience in both is a huge plus.
- Experience developing applications that rely on many web APIs and other protocols.
- Experience with Pydata stack (Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib, scikit-learn etc.)
- Experience with real world problem solving using Machine Learning
- Experience in some or all of data and cloud technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, YARN, Cloudera, Airflow, Oozie, S3, Presto, Kafka Connect, Microsoft Azure, Terraform, Hive etc.
- Good knowledge of building event-driven, loosely coupled distributed applications.
- Experience in KDB would be a massive benefit
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.