A Senior Frontend Engineer skilled in TypeScript and React is sought after by a global Investment Manager to join a Front Office team responsible for a number of platforms including Responsible Investments and ETFs. Initial work will focus on re-engineering their ESG analytics capabilities to assist quant modelling and data analytics for their investment strategies, before moving on to other high-profile projects.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be heavily involved in both the design and development of the platforms you work on, operating as part of an Agile team to deliver high quality, robust solutions for the business. Sitting within Front Office, you will also be expected to engage directly with the business on a regular basis to understand their needs and discuss feedback/project updates.
Key Skills Required:
- A background in Frontend development using React and TypeScript, ideally gained within a Front Office environment
- A keen proponent of modern development practices including Agile, DevOps, microservices and a desire to produce clean, robust code
- Any experience with backend development is beneficial, preferably Python or .NETCore
- Experience of working with and deploying to AWS cloud is ideal
- A career within financial services (buy or sell-side) with demonstrable experience of having worked directly with the business users (Traders, Portfolio Managers etc.)
This presents an excellent opportunity for a talented React Developer to join a growing tier 1 Investment Manager and help drive the delivery of key Front Office platforms.
Please note this is being offered on a Fixed Term Contract basis (FTC) for an initial period of 12 months.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.