A Senior Java Engineer with specialist skills in server-side engineering is needed by a world leading Investment Management firm. They are currently in the process of building a greenfield Cloud Native (AWS) platform for their Global Investments Financial Systems division. This team is responsible for their benchmarks and funds data.
They are rebuilding following the decommission of the legacy monolithic system into a new microservices platform using SpringBoot. The core tech is Java 11 and they are responsible for developing Restful API. As an Agile organisation they promote TDD and CI/CD best practice. Although this role sits within Buy-Side and focusses on Equities trading data, financial services experience is not required.
Key Skills Required
- Java 8, 11
- Spring Boot 1.5, and or above with Spring-MVC, Spring-Data
- RESTful API design and implementation experience
- Automation Tests: Unit, Integration, User Acceptance etc.
Any of the below would be advantageous:
- AWS: IAM, EC2, S3, DynamoDb, RDS, ElasticCache, Lambdas, Kinesis, SQS, ECS Fargate, ElasticSearch
- Spring-Cloud: Actuator, Eureka, Zuul, Hystrix, Feign, Ribbon etc.
- CI/CD, i.e. Bamboo, GitLab, Jenkins
- BI/Reporting: ELK, Tableau, Power BI
- Experience implementing distributed, enterprise systems at scale
This is an excellent opportunity to work on a new greenfield cloud native development project working with the latest in Java and microservices engineering.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.