**This role will involve some weekend and on-call support**
Our client, a leading financial services company based in Surrey, are looking for a Senior Oracle DBA to join them on a permanent basis. This will be to join their global Data Services Team and be responsible for all project work across their Oracle database estate.
You’ll have excellent Oracle database administration skills in a production support capacity; with the responsibility for the delivery, support and maintenance of reliable, highly available and high-performance environments. You will also be responsible for support of database installation and configuration, monitoring and housekeeping, upgrade and patching, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and performance tuning.
Good experience in another RDBMS platform, preferably Microsoft SQL Server, is advantageous.
- Oracle Certified Professional
- Oracle RDBMS (11g, 12c, 18c,19c)
- Oracle Data Guard
- Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- Oracle Exadata
- Oracle Golden Gate
- Good understanding of UNIX and Linux operating systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
- Strong scripting skills (SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripting)
- Database backup, restore and recovery - User and server managed (RMAN and EMC DataDomain or equivalent)
- Database Instance and Query performance tuning
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.