An Oracle Engineer is currently sought after by a Tier 1 Investment Bank, sitting within their internal accounting domain, working on their in-house-built platform which processes 200 million events a day. The team analyses and processes data to then provide reports for the bank's PnL and sub-ledger, with your role focusing on crafting solutions with a focus on quality, sustainability, and performance, working against tight SLAs and deadlines - which means innovating new ways of increasing speed and performance. You would be required to help build physical data models from scratch, assist with the ongoing migration to cloud, and play an integral part in testing the reliability and performance of the platform, utilising Oracle fundamentals and PL/SQL.
To be successful in this role, you would need the following:
- Strong understanding of Oracle fundamentals, in particular non-functional behaviours (performance tuning, reliability, resilience).
- Prior hands-on coding experience with PL/SQL is essential.
- Experience working in highly regulated environments on large-scale enterprise systems, ideally managing large volumes of data, is highly beneficial.
- A good fundamental understanding of physical and logical data modelling concepts, along with the ability to draw data models from scratch, is highly beneficial.
- Previous commercial exposure or certification in cloud service technologies is preferred but not essential.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.