An experienced Python Developer with a background in hands-on Python coding and Financial Services is sought after by a global Tier 1 Investment Manager to join an engineering team responsible for a critical macroeconomic forecasting system. This is a greenfield platform which provides short and long-term forecasting for a range of clients, primarily within their retirements fund space.
In this role, you will be take a leading role in the ongoing build of this platform, with a number of key deliverables for 2024 including translation of Matlab Quant models into Python and scaling up of the platform to be able to provide forecasting services for circa 1 million portfolios.
In addition, you will provide tech leadership and coaching to junior members of the team, inputting into architecture/design and running code reviews to ensure the best possible solutions are being delivered. Alongside this, there is also scope for you to be responsible for stakeholder management and individual reviews/121s.
To be successful you will require:
- A hands-on coding background in enterprise Python, having worked on high performance, scalable systems
- Experience developing and deploying to public cloud, ideally AWS (experience of SageMaker is ideal)
- In-depth knowledge of modern development best practises (Agile mindset, Microservices Architecture, DevOps)
- Demonstrated ability to lead project delivery as well as coaching/guiding junior Developers
- A career background in Financial Services, either Investment Banking or Investment Management is preferred but not required
If you are looking for your next opportunity in software engineering management and would be keen to work for a world-leading Investment Manager, please do apply!
Please note, sponsorship is not on offer for this position and you will be expected to work in office 2/3 days per week.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.