Senior Systems Administrator / Engineer – Unix, Linux, Infrastructure, Operating systems, Financial Services
Our client are seeking a well-experienced Systems Administrator/Engineer to join their Production Services team. You will be involved in driving and supporting infrastructure improvements within their IT application space to achieve better stability, efficiency, and resilience through proactive assessment of crucial applications.
The successful candidate will have proven exposure within a LINUX and UNIX environment alongside demonstrable experience of forensic level troubleshooting and analytical skill.
Key skills and experience
- Senior System Administration or Engineering exposure within a UNIX and LINUX environment, at Level 3 or above, including experience solving complex technical issues.
- Technical knowledge and analytical skills on at least one of the following areas, Middleware – Web, Java, Weblogic, Tomcat, jBoss, Container technology, Networking or Storage
- Experience with monitoring stack
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence effectively across different technology teams, such as ability to navigate complex environments across multiple geographic regions
- Problem Management - Permanent resolutions – ‘Fix once, Fix everywhere, Fix Faster’ / increase Mean Times Between Failures (MTBF) including Root Cause identification
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Systems Administrator/Engineer to join a new team within a leading global organisation.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.