A Site Reliability Engineer is sought after by a global Investment Manager as part of an ongoing strategy to build their burgeoning SRE function into a 1st class group within the organisation.
Specifically, you will join a team responsible for building, maintaining and supporting their enterprise SDLC platform with a focus on ensuring it is resilient, scalable and fault tolerant.
The team has a large project pipeline to work through including building a distributed application tracing framework, multi-region disaster recover system, Linux VDI setup and ongoing work around their cloud and containerisation setup.
As a member you will contribute directly to these projects and more, working heavily with AWS, Prometheus/Grafana, Ansible/Terraform and Python (directly contributing to the code base).
To be successful you will require the following:
- At least 5 years’ commercial experience, preferably coming from a Systems Engineering/Infrastructure background before moving into the SRE/DevOps space
- Extensive experience with Grafana AND/OR Prometheus for monitoring purposes
- Extensive experience of Ansible AND/OR Terraform for automation
- A good understanding of the nuances of the AWS cloud platform, with demonstrable working experience (Azure and GCP will also be considered as alternatives)
- Python programming skills
- A background in Financial Services is preferred but not critical
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Site Reliability Engineer to join a growing function within a truly world-leading Investment Manager.
Please note, there is an on-call element to this role, which is one week every 6 weeks covering working hours and weekends.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.