Solution Architect required to join a financial services organisation working on a key project around e-distribution, digitalising their Back Office solutions. Some of the application estate is in Azure, as well as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) .net core with SQL PaaS database. The off-the-shelf applications in place include SharePoint and Dynamics 365 that they will use across Sales and Finance. The Solution Architect will translate business needs and functional designs into functioning software or technology designs and deliver/develop common foundation architecture components that conform to known successful patterns, and that support evolution towards the future-state architecture. The ideal candidate will come from a technical Microsoft background as all of their production code is in .net, have used Azure PaaS Services and must have digital API experience.
- Analyse enterprise business context to derive solution and technical architecture at program and project scope whilst considering all aspects of solution design ie performance, scalability and flexibility.
- Analyse technology industry and market trends and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Oversee or consult on technical architecture application implementation or modifications.
- Promote the architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results.
- Define the technical architectural principles to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software products.
- Contribute to Internal and 3rd party partner software/technology development processes,
- Be the main technical interface between the project and enterprise planning team and ensure alignment and adherence to Enterprise Architecture principles, practices and roadmaps.
- Analyse the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Azure PaaS (Application Service, Functions, Azure SQL, Service Bus, KeyVault etc)
- Continuous integration and automated deployments within Azure DevOps.
- PowerShell, ARM Templates, Azure CLI, Terraform.
- Design and development of N-tier, SOA & Microservice applications.
- Experienced in Full Life Cycle Development (Agile & Waterfall).
- Knowledge and practical application of Design Patterns and Practises.
- Documentation of solution design blueprints. UML, Entity Relationship Diagramming etc.
- Leadership, Mentoring and Influencing of technical development teams.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.